16 jaar

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker

Wie vind jij een goede liedjesschrijver/songwriter?

Wie vind je een goede songwriter/muziekschrijver/liedjesschrijver? Welke (bekende) nummers/liedjes heeft hij/zij geschreven? Waarom vind je dit een goede songwriter? NB ik wil het liefst lezen over niet zo bekende schrijvers die grote hits hebben geschreven.

17 jaar

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Four Seasons, wil je het boekje van Hans Bouma en Marjolein Bastin van me? Ik heb het op je hyves gezet maar ik denk dat je hier meer te vinden bent. :)

18 jaar

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Leuk die Eva! :thumbsup: ´k Heb toch wel een beetje een zwak voor vrouwen die zingen met een Vlaams accentje :rolleyes:

16 jaar

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Dit nummer "To make you feel my love" vind ik werkelijk prachtig. Iemand enig idee wie het heeft geschreven? When the rain is blowing in your face And the whole world is on your case I could offer you a warm embrace To make you feel my love When evening shadows and the stars appear And there is no one there to dry your tears I could hold you for a million years To make you feel my love I know you haven't made your mind up yet But I would never do you wrong I've known it from the moment that we met No doubt in my mind where you belong I'd go hungry, I'd go black and blue I'd go crawling down the avenue There's nothing that I wouldn't do To make you feel my love The storms are raging on the rollin' sea And on the highway of regret The winds of change are blowing wild and free You ain't seen nothing like me yet I could make you happy, make your dreams come true Nothing that I wouldn't do Go to the ends of the earth for you To make you feel my love

15 jaar 5 maanden

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Aahhh, vind ik hier zomaar een topic over songteksten... Vroeger (lang geleden) zong ik in een band. Persoonlijk vind ik dat een songtekst pas echt tot zijn recht komt als het wordt 'gedragen' door een melodie. De muziek immers bepaalt voor een groot deel de kleur van de song. Gezien mijn leeftijd en achtergrond ben ik wat je noemt een : 'sucker for romance'. En dus heb ik altijd gezwijmeld bij de romantische songs van Dr. Hook and the medicine show. (lang vóór hun disco flops). Zoals 'A little bit more' When You're body's had enough of me And I'm laying flat out on the floor When You think I've loved You all I can I'm gonna love You a little bit more Veel violen natuurlijk! Of hun meer komische teksten: 'On the cover of the Rolling Stone' Well we're big rock singers We've got golden fingers And we're loved everywhere we go We sing about beauty And we sing about truth At ten thousand dollars a show We take all kinds of pills To give us all kinds of thrills But the thrill we've never known Is the thrill that'll get ya When You get You're picture On the cover of the Rolling Stone. Bij mijn weten hebben de leden van de band een groot aantal van hun songs zelf geschreven. S. Silverstein, en anderen. Een andere groot songwrighter is Bob Seger, die talloze hits op zijn naam heeft staan. Veel daarvan uitgevoerd door grote sterren, maar ook hijzelf beschikt over een pracht stem. Luister maar eens naar Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band. Prehistorisch bijna, maar zoooooo mooi! En zo zou ik uren kunnen doorgaan.... Maar dat zal ik niet doen! Leuk onderwerp!

16 jaar 3 maanden

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Maria Mena Een voorbeeldje uit 'our battles': Our battles are repetitious if not broken poetry and maybe that's the attraction that you're as self-absorbed as me en eentje uit 'miss you love': I know the distance is a factor but I stretch as often as I can & my goal's to reach your hands any day now. Heerlijk.

15 jaar 2 maanden

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Andy Partridge van XTC Scherpe, kritische testen, maar ook hele mooie beeldende zoals deze: Orange and lemon Raincoats roll and tumble Together, just liked fruit tipped from a tray Pineapple wet heads Watch new hairdos crumble As scenery sunlight shifts away Ballet for a rainy day Silent film of melting miracle play Apples and cherries Are varnished in water Despite, striped awnings bright dismay I push my paintbrush To conjure a new world While this one is slowly washed away en een mooie quote uit "All of a sudden" : life's like a jig-saw, you get the straight bits but there's something missing in the middle.

19 jaar 5 maanden

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Dit is een discussie zonder einde. Meer nog dan bij boeken en verhalen speelt hier de persoonlijke smaak de hoofdrol. Al zegt iemand nog zo stellig dat het hem/haar om die teksten gaat, ik geloof dat niet helemaal. Bij mij is het in elk geval zo dat de muziek voorop staat. Bevalt die niet, dan ben ik nauwelijks nog geneigd me in de songtekst te verdiepen en ik vermoed dat dit voor heel veel mensen opgaat.

15 jaar 2 maanden

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
@Hay Klopt wel.Toen ik bovenstaande tekst van XTC kopieerde en na las, vond ik het al minder mooi. En dat terwijl ik de muziek in mijn hoofd er bij hoor. Als je die muziek weg laat wordt een tekst minder mooi. Het is de combinatie die het zo sterk maakt. Bij mij komt de muziek trouwens ook op de eerste plaats. Een goede tekst is dan een aangename verrassing.

14 jaar 9 maanden

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Wil V heeft helemaal gelijk, een goeie song tekst gaat samen met een goeie melodie. Zij komen niet alleen. Zowel, dan is het 'slechts' goeie poëzie! Pfffftt, en dan is er nogal wat om van te kiezen!! Ikzelf hield op een gegeven moment veel van deze songtekst van Sheryl Crow maar dan wel samen met de melodie : "Riverwide" I spent a year in the mouth of a whale With a flame and a book of signs You'll never know how hard I've failed Trying to make up for lost time Once I believed in things unseen I was blinded by the dark Out of the multitude to me He came and broke my heart When the dust in the field has flown And the youngest of hearts has grown And you doubt you will ever be free Don't bail on me River is wide and oh so deep And it winds and winds around I dream we're happy in my sleep Floating down and down and down And the tide rushes by where we stand And the earth underneath turns to sand And we're waiting for someone to see Honey, Don't bail on me. Tell ma I loved the man Even though I turned and ran Lovely and fine I could have been Laying down in the palm of his hand Laying down in the palm of his hand Laying down in the palm of his hand Staying down in the palm of his hand In the morning you wait for the sun And secretly hope it won't come But time washes everyone clean Buddy now, don't bail on me Don't bail on me Don't bail on me

14 jaar 9 maanden

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Pink floyd!(onovertroffen) Wish you were here! Prachtige tekst. muziekkunstenaars. Herman, Ren Lenny Ren van A& M ook sterke tekst. Het gaat mij wel degelijk om een goede tekst, maar natuurlijk ook goed gezongen, daarom is het een lied.

15 jaar 1 maand

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Mooi, weer een Pink Floyd fan erbij! Ik wil jullie graag wijzen op Steve Unruh - Amerikaan, doet alles zelf. Van tekst tot compositie, speelt alles van diverse gitaren/mandoline/fluiten/drums enzovoorts, neemt ook nog eens alles zelf thuis op (met hulp). Solo, nu ook aktief met zijn rockband Resistor. Nooit een hit gehad, maar top in de (voornamelijk acoustische) progressieve rockmuziek. Fantastische filosofische teksten over wezenlijke zaken als relatie tussen god en mensheid, maar ook luchtige nummers met een 'twist' of gewoon prachtige luisterliedjes. Geinteresseerd? Kijk dan eens op zijn website www.steveunruh.com voor muziek en teksten. Alvast een voorbeeld van een van mijn favoriete nummers: Fragile So here we are, two fragile people sharing the rest that companions provide and a little bit of our inside escapes to the outside Half on the verge of tears throughout our conversation we both understand, but we don't really say it it's easier just to assume And you know, there's something that I'd like to tell you you're not really weak, falling into my arms if you just let yourself feel and you know, there's something that I'd like to say we're not all that fragile bearing our hearts if you just look a bit longer "The stronger the body, the stronger the man" a shell of cast iron to guard an average man an average man who never allows of himself to imagine beyond to just "what is this life?" who'd never admit he could cry He just goes on believing that everything's fine has a house and a job, he's content he never should question where childhood dreams went But here we are, two "fragile" people sharing the rest that companions provide and a little bit of our inside escapes to the outside And you know, there's something that I'd like to tell you you're not really weak, falling into my arms if you just let yourself feel and you know, there's something that I'd like to say we're not all that fragile bearing our hearts if you just look a bit longer

17 jaar 3 maanden

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Ik heb niet dit hele topic doorgespit, dus als hij al genoemd is: so sorry. Maar de teksten van Jim Morrison (The Doors) vind ik bijzonder prachtig/krachtig/poëtisch enz. Enne... Pink Floyd mag ik ook heel graag naar luisteren.

14 jaar 9 maanden

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
'People are strange when youre a stanger, ' Jim zelf, vind ik ook helemaal niet verkeerd! Jocoja, prachtige tekst!!Ken de muziek niet, geloof ik. Ik heb als ik vrij ben arrow classic Rock aanstaan. Ing en Jocoja dat is wellicht ook smaak van muziek. Als we dan toch teksten gaan citeren, hier een liefdesliedje van The Cure Showing ‘Show me how you do that trick, the one that make me scream, she said, the one that makes me laugh, she said. And threw her arms around my neck’ Show me how you do it and I promise you I'll run away with you. xas

16 jaar

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
The Cure! dat vind ik ook een mooie tekst van deze band! Thanx for showing Astridxas! Zelf ben ik ook nogal gecharmeerd van de (meeste) teksten van de ballads van Di-rect.

14 jaar 9 maanden

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Katy Melua heeft hem gecoverd, ook heel mooi maar hij blijft van de mannen van The Cure@! jeugdsentiment. xas

14 jaar 9 maanden

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Randy Newman. Lekker sarcastisch en zwarte humor. Iedereen kent "Short People" wel (mag ik hopen) maar deze is ook geweldig: "The Great Nations Of Europe" The Great Nations of Europe had gathered on the shore they'd conquered what was behind them and now they wanted more so they looked to the mighty ocean and took to the western sea The great nations of europe in the 16th century Hide your wives and daughters, hide the groceries too The great nations of europe comin through The Grand Canary Islands first land to which they came they slaughtered all the canaries there which gave the land its name there were natives there called guanches, guanches by the score bullet's, disease the portugese, they weren't there any more now they're gone, they're gone, they're really gone you never seen anyone so gone there's pictures in a museum, some lines written in a book but you won't find a live one, no matter where you look Hide your wives and daughters, hide the groceries too The great nations of europe comin through columbus sailed for india found salvidor instead he shook hands with some indians and soon they all were dead they got tb and typhoid and athletes foot, diptheria and the flu 'scuse me great nations comin through balboa found the pacific and on the trail one day he met some friendly indians whom he was told were gay soooooooooooooo he had them torn apart by dogs on religious grounds they say the great nations of europe were quite holy in their way now they're gone, they're gone, they're really gone you never seen anyone so gone some bones hidden in a canyon some paintings in a cave they're no use tryin to save them, there's nothin left to save hide your wives and daughters, hide your sons as well with the great nations of europe you never can tell where you and i are standing on the end of a century europes have sprung up everyone as even i can see but there on the horizon is the possiblity that some bug from out of africa might come for you and me destroying everything in it's path from sea to shining sea like the great nations of europe in the 16th century

15 jaar 5 maanden

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
De geweldige teksten van Johnny Cash... Geweldig in al hun simpelheid. Kom er maar eens op: Well I woke up sundaymorning With no way to hold my head that did'nt hurt And the bear I had for breakfast was'nt bad So I had one more for dessert Then I thumbled through my closet through my clothes and found my cleanest dirty shirt Then I washed my face and combed my hear Stumbled down the stairs to meet the day... Een indringend beeld geschetst met weinig woorden.

16 jaar 9 maanden

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Frank Boeijen, tekst en melodie vullen elkaar aan en worden, als goede wijn, na jaren nog beter. Dat is niet vaak zo, meestal kan ik een nummer na een paar jaar niet meer horen. (Hoewel ik Zwart-Wit en Kronenburgpark ook niet meer kan horen, helaas worden deze regelmatig gedraaid waardoor het andere prachtige werk niet gedraaid wordt.)