Van welke songtekst zit je nu te genieten?

Misschien ben ik gewoon heel sentimenteel aan het worden op mijn oude dag (*34 ahum*) Ik weet het, het is een pop liedje, maar ik vind de tekst zo onwaarschijnlijk sterk. Op een of andere manier raakt het precies de juiste snaar bij mij, en ik kan me heel goed verplaatsen in deze tekst. Zo vlak voor het huwelijk (in het voorjaar ergens) met mijn Lief denk ik terug aan de vijftien jaar dat we al samen zijn, en de dingen die we hebben meegemaakt, het verlies van mijn vader, de zelfmoord van een goede vriend, het verlies van een goede vriend aan diabetes etc.. De cariere kansen die soms goed uitpakten, en soms niet, en hoe we er samen steeds doorheen zijn gekomen. Afijn, dit liedje dus: Try van Nelly Furtado All I know Is everything is not as it's sold but the more I grow the less I know And I have lived so many lives Though I'm not old And the more I see, the less I grow The fewer the seeds the more I sow Then I see you standing there Wanting more from me And all I can do is try Then I see you standing there Wanting more from me And all I can do is try Try I wish I hadn't seen all of the realness And all the real people are really not real at all The more I learn(The More I Learn) The more I cry(The More I Cry) As I say goodbye to the way of life I thought I had designed for me Then I see you standing there Wanting more from me And all I can do is try Then I see you standing there I'm all I'll ever be But all I can do is try Try All of the moments that already passed We'll try to go back and make them last All of the things we want each other to be We never will be And that's wonderful, and that's life And that's you, baby This is me, baby And we are, we are, we are, we are Free In our love We are free in our love

17 jaar 5 maanden

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
BassHunter - I can walk on water I can fly I will never be afraid again I will keep on fighting 'till the end I can walk on water, I can fly I will keep on fighting till I die Meer is de tekst niet maar hoe hij het zingt... :o
14 februari 2008 - 17:22

16 jaar 5 maanden

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Op het moment een lied op Radio 4 (ik heb gemist welke). Een 'liefdeslied', al zouden ze hem vandaag niet afspelen. Wie weet (Marcella), hoe de tekst van "Ik ben je kwijt" van ... hoe heet ze nou toch... Brigitte Kaandorp gaat. Oh, ik heb 'm nu ook: Ik lig in bed ik kan niet slapen op geen enkele manier rampspoed is mij overkomen en ook dronk ik teveel bier naast mij ligt mijn vriend hij slaapt we waren samen in de kroeg t was gezellig totdat zij kwam en hem om een vuurtje vroeg ik ben hem kwijt ik ben hem kwijt ik ben hem kwijt ik heb het zien gebeuren ik ga die dag meteen maar eens uit mijn agenda scheuren het is in feite al een feit ik ben hem kwijt ik kende haar nog van de mavo ze was toen al een jongensgek ze had nog steeds hetzelfde luchtje en die bijdehante rotbek als ik haar niet voorgesteld had was het niet gebeurt misschien nou, ze wond hem om haar vinger zelf een blinde kon het zien ik ben hem kwijt ik ben hem kwijt ik ben hem kwijt ik heb het zien gebeuren ik ga die trut nou maar meteen eens uit mijn poëzie album scheuren die verschrikkelijke geit ik ben hem kwijt hij moet eerdags overwerken ik weet precies hoe dat zal gaan sorry schat ik kom wat later en iets met in de file staan als 'ie thuis komt ruik ik vaag weer diezelfde geur weer om hem heen en hij wil me maar niet kussen en dan weet ik het meteen ik ben hem kwijt ik ben hem kwijt ik ben hem kwijt ik heb het zien gebeuren ik kan die foto’s van ons tweeën netzo goed door midden scheuren maar hij krijgt nog wel eens spijt ik ben hem kwijt ik lig in bed ik ga zo slapen der is weer rust in mijn gemoed ramspoed was mij overkomen maar nu gaat t wel weer goed naast mij ligt mijn dode vriend ik stak een broodmes in zijn rug het was eigenlijk heel eenvoudig die zien we lekker nooit meer terug ik ben hem kwijt ik ben hem kwijt ik ben hem kwijt en wat er ook nog gaat gebeuren ik ga die kut eens van der klit tot aan der navel openscheuren die doet der benen nooit meer wijd (hahaha) ik ben ze kwijt Fout, maar leuk.
14 februari 2008 - 17:29

Een simpel lied, maar heel mooi gezongen. Come away with me- Norah Jones Come away with me in the night Come away with me And I will write you a song Come away with me on a bus Come away where they can't tempt us With their lies I want to walk with you On a cloudy day In fields where the yellow grass grows knee-high So won't you try to come Come away with me and we'll kiss On a mountaintop Come away with me And I'll never stop loving you And I want to wake up with the rain Falling on a tin roof While I'm safe there in your arms So all I ask is for you To come away with me in the night Come away with me Ook een mooie van haar is painter If I were a painter I would paint my reverie If that's the only way for you to be with me We'd be there together Just like we used to be Undertneath the swirling skies for all to see And I'm dreaming of a place Where I could see your face And I think my brush would take me there But only... If I were a painter And could paint a memory I'd climb inside the swirling skies to be with you I'd climb inside the skies to be with you
14 februari 2008 - 22:31

Heel mooi liedje... A FINE FRENZY "Almost Lover" Your fingertips across my skin The palm trees swaying in the wind Images You sang me Spanish lullabies The sweetest sadness in your eyes Clever trick I never want to see you unhappy I thought you'd want the same for me Goodbye, my almost lover Goodbye, my hopeless dream I'm trying not to think about you Can't you just let me be? So long, my luckless romance My back is turned on you I should've known you'd bring me heartache Almost lovers always do We walked along a crowded street You took my hand and danced with me Images And when you left you kissed my lips You told me you'd never ever forget these images, no I never want to see you unhappy I thought you'd want the same for me Goodbye, my almost lover Goodbye, my hopeless dream I'm trying not to think about you Can't you just let me be? So long, my luckless romance My back is turned on you I should've known you'd bring me heartache Almost lovers always do I cannot go to the ocean I cannot drive the streets at night I cannot wake up in the morning Without you on my mind So you're gone and I'm haunted And I bet you are just fine Did I make it that easy To walk right in and out of my life? Goodbye, my almost lover Goodbye, my hopeless dream I'm trying not to think about you Can't you just let me be? So long, my luckless romance My back is turned on you I should've known you'd bring me heartache Almost lovers always do
7 april 2008 - 9:50

16 jaar 3 maanden

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Sombere overpeinzing van de weg die de mensheid sinds haar bestaan heeft afgelegd; één van de mooiste teksten die ik sinds lang ben tegengekomen. Bij de tekst een goddelijke melodie, kortom, The Eagles-Long road out of Eden Moon shining down through the palms Shadows moving on the sand Somebody whispering the twenty-third Psalm Dusty rifle in his trembling hands Somebody trying just to stay alive He got promises to keep Over the ocean in America Far away and fast asleep. Silent stars blinking in the blackness of an endless sky Cold silver satellites, ghostly caravans passing by Galaxies unfolding; new worlds being born Pilgrims and prodigals creeping toward the dawn But it's a long road out of Eden. Music blasting from an SUV On a bright and sunny day Rolling down the interstate In the good ol' USA Having lunch at the petroleum club Smoking fine cigars and swapping lies "Gimme 'nother slice of that barbecued brisket!" "Gimme 'nother piece of that pecan pie" Freeways flickering, cell phones chiming a tune We're riding to Utopia; road map says we'll be arriving soon Captains of the old order clinging to the reins Assuring us these aches inside are only growing pains But it's a long road out of Eden Back home, I was so certain; the path was very clear But now I have to wonder - what are we doing here? I'm not counting on tomorrow and I can't tell wrong from right But I'd give anything to be there in your arms tonight Weaving down the American highway Through the litter and the wreckage, and the cultural junk Bloated with entitlement, loaded on propaganda Now we're driving dazed and drunk Went down the road to Damascus, the road to Mandalay Met the ghost of Caesar on the Appian Way He said, "It's hard to stop this binging once you get a taste But the road to empire is a bloody, stupid waste" Behold the bitten apple - the power of the tools But all the knowledge in the world is of no use to fools And it's a long road out of Eden
7 april 2008 - 14:23

17 jaar 3 maanden

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
'In God's hands' van Nelly Furtado. Dat is pure poëzie. Ik ken enkel de strofe vanbuiten: and now our love's floating out the window our love's floating out the backdoor our love's floating out and heaven, where it began, is back in God's hands Of zoiets. (Ik heb het een tijdje niet gehoord.) Om stil van te worden.
7 april 2008 - 20:53

18 jaar 5 maanden

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
  • Pluslid
Ethiopia (Joni Mitchell) Hot winds and hunger cries Ethiopia Flies in your babies' eyes Ethiopia Walking sticks on burning plains Betrayed by politics Abandoned by the rains On and on the human need On and on the human greed profanes Ethiopia Ethiopia Ethiopia Your top soil flies away Ethiopia We pump ours full of poison spray Ethiopia Between the brown skies and sprinkling lawns I hear the whine of chain saws hacking rain forests down On and on insanities On and on Short sighted greed abounds Ethiopia Ethiopia Ethiopia Little garden planet oasis in space Some hearts hurt they can hardly stand it Famine phantoms at the garden gates Ethiopia Ethiopia Ethiopia Every Sunday on TV Ethiopia You suffer with such dignity Ethiopia A TV star with a PR smile Calls your baby "it" while strolling through your tragic trials On and on stupidity On and on the basic needs are defiled Good air good water good earth Ethiopia Ethiopia Ethiopia Little garden planet oasis in space Some hearts hurt they can hardly stand the waste Ethiopia Ethiopia Ethiopia ************** Ook geweldige muziek trouwens! Van de LP (CD) Dog eat dog. http://jonimitchell.com/musician/images/xdog.jpg
9 april 2008 - 21:31

17 jaar 3 maanden

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Javert's suicide, uit Les Miserables. De vertwijfeling van een man die zijn hele wereld ziet instorten vind ik prachtig. Vooral het vetgedrukte stuk vind ik heel mooi, heel intens. JAVERT Who is this man? What sort of devil is he To have me caught in a trap And choose to let me go free? It was his hour at last To put a seal on my fate Wipe out the past And wash me clean off the slate! All it would take Was a flick of his knife. Vengeance was his And he gave me back my life! Damned if I'll live in the debt of a thief! Damned if I'll yield at the end of the chase. I am the Law and the Law is not mocked I'll spit his pity right back in his face There is nothing on earth that we share It is either Valjean or Javert! How can I now allow this man To hold dominion over me? This desperate man whom I have hunted He gave me my life. He gave me freedom. I should have perished by his hand It was his right. It was my right to die as well Instead I live... but live in hell. And my thoughts fly apart Can this man be believed? Shall his sins be forgiven? Shall his crimes be reprieved? And must I now begin to doubt, Who never doubted all these years? My heart is stone and still it trembles The world I have known is lost in shadow. Is he from heaven or from hell? And does he know That granting me my life today This man has killed me even so? I am reaching, but I fall And the stars are black and cold As I stare into the void Of a world that cannot hold I'll escape now from the world From the world of Jean Valjean. There is nowhere I can turn There is no way to go on....
14 mei 2008 - 21:27

16 jaar

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
A girl called Eddy Heartache fragment: Where did those crass band mornings go And the dreaming over tea God only knows Was it so long ago Your tried to let me know You'd seen this face Somewhere before Now you know for sure That you can call him Heartache Yes, you can call him that You can call him Heartache You'll never take it back Once there was spring inside his eyes Now there's only autumn winds And sad grey skies And I'm such a fool To think that I Could change the rules I'd seen his face Somewhere before Now I know for sure That you can call him Heartache You can call him that You can call him Heartache You'll never take it back
15 mei 2008 - 18:43

19 jaar 3 maanden

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Ik ben niet zo van de songteksten, maar deze (Wings) van Live vind ik wel erg mooi: "The weight you bear on your shoulders might be the wings that carry you home" Ik heb 'm zelfs een tijdje als onderschrift gehad hier op 't forum. :)
15 mei 2008 - 20:16

16 jaar

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Dit is een van de mooiste (song)teksten die ik ken het heet Glorybox en is van Portishead I'm so tired, of playing Playing with this bow and arrow Gonna give my heart away Leave it to the other girls to play For I've been a temptress too long Just. . Give me a reason to love you Give me a reason to be ee, a woman I just wanna be a woman From this time, unchained We're all looking at a different picture Thru this new frame of mind A thousand flowers could bloom Move over, and give us some room Give me a reason to love you Give me a reason to be ee, a woman I just wanna be a woman So don't you stop, being a man Just take a little look from our side when you can Sow a little tenderness No matter if you cry Give me a reason to love you Give me a reason to be ee, a woman Its all I wanna be is all woman For this is the beginning of forever and ever Its time to move over...
16 mei 2008 - 13:12

17 jaar 5 maanden

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
K3 - Dokter dokter dokter dokter dokter dokter dokter dokter dokter dokter zeg eens a aaaahh ik zie jouw zonnestralen en hemelsblauw je haren blond en je ogen drauw je blik verovert me keer op keer nee echt ik kan niet meer ik val haast flauw telkens jij naar me omkijkt ik krijg het koud als je zacht in m'n oor bijt nee jij bent vast niet goed voor m'n gezondheid liefste schat kus me niet want ik krijg het aan m'n hart refrein: dokter dokter, ik kom niet meer bij dokter dokter, wat doet hij toch met mij ik ben op weg naar hemel nummer zeven hij neemt mijn hart en hij brengt het tot leven dokter dokter, het springt uit mijn borstkas dokter dokter, danst als of het feest was ik ben op weg naar hemel nummer zeven hij neemt mijn hart en hij brengt het tot leven wat ben ik smoorverliefd in één ogenblik geef me mond op mond of ik stik red me toch want mijn hart doet zeer echt ik kan niet meer jij maakt me gek met je mooie verhalen jij kan met één blik mijn hartslag bepalen nee ik denk echt niet dat ik het zou halen liefste schat kus me niet want ik krijg het aan m'n hart refrein dokter dokter dokter dokter zeg eens aah aaaaaah dokter dokter zeg eens aaah ik val haast flauw telkens jij naar me omkijkt ik krijg het koud als je zacht in me oor bijt nee jij bent vast niet goed voor m'n gezondheid liefste schat kus me niet want ik krijg het aan m'n hart refrein
19 mei 2008 - 8:46

16 jaar

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Grappig, Waus!! Deze van k3 vind ik ook heel leuk Oma, als het weer feest is Ben jij er altijd bij Ik wil niet meer naar huis toe Want ik wil bij je blijven Oma, als je geweest bent Voel ik me toch zo blij Als plezier voortaan een schoolvak wordt Krijg jij een tien van mij Refrein Oma's aan de top Het feesten kan niet op Met oma's aan de top Treuren wordt een flop Want tranen zeggen stop Met oma's aan de top (2X) Oma, als ik een miljoen win Geef ik de helft aan jou Dan gaan wij naar Aruba Samen de Samba dansen Als ik een glazen schoen vind Dan is die vast van jou Want jij blijft mijn liefste droomprinses Al word je nog zo oud Refrein (2X) Zeg me dat je niet gaat Dat je mij nooit verlaat Samen worden we duizend jaar Want ik wil je voor altijd bij me Ik wil je voor altijd bij me Oma, mijn liefste oma Oma, mijn lieve oma Refrein (2X) Oma's aan de top
19 mei 2008 - 10:14

16 jaar

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Seal - My Vision fragment: I feel like the sun I feel like the rain I feel like I've just found reason for living again 'Cause what I've been dreaming I know that's its real I know there's just no changing the way I feel You're into my head, I'm out of my mind I feel I've just found reason for being alive And I have a secret I think you should know I feel like I just can't keep it It's deep within me and I feel like I'm loosing control Can you see my vision Of a red hot summer in white When love was the feeling With no indecision We were turning that key inside To get in the moment You're living a dream I see you today I feel like all my fears are fading away Been waiting so long for something new I feel like constant craving for being with you And I have a secret I think you should know I feel like I just can't keep it It's deep within me and I know that I'm loosing control Can you see my vision Of a red hot summer in white When love was the feeling With no indecision We were turning that key inside To get in the moment Can you see my vision Of a red hot summer in white When love was the feeling When love was the feeling When love was the feeling When love was the feeling I have a secret I think you should know I feel like I just can't keep in this deep within me And this deep within me And this deep within me And this deep within me And this deep within me And this deep within me And this deep within me And I feel like I'm loosing control (....)
19 juni 2008 - 18:55

16 jaar

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Seal - Waiting for you fragment: Everyday, a shade of blue You won't believe What I'm going through It just feels like I can't afford to let myself go No, oohooo no... Everyone is just the same They touch me But I can't say There has been no one brighter than you I can't deny these things that I do Feels like the world's at stake 'cause I have been waiting I have been waiting for you Heavenly, that's what you are You're burnin' me like a shining star How am I supposed to be that king without you Ooohooo...it's true yeah (....)
19 juni 2008 - 18:55

16 jaar

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Toni Braxton - How could an angel break my heart I heard he sang a lullaby I heard he sang it from his heart When I found out thought I would die Because that lullaby was mine I heard he sealed it with a kiss He gently kissed her cherry lips I found that so hard to believe Because his kiss belonged to me How could an angel break my heart? Why didn't he catch my falling star? I wish I didn't wish so hard Maybe I wished our love apart How could an angel break my heart? I heard here face was white as rain Soft as a rose that blooms in may He keeps her picture in a frame And when he sleeps he calls her name I wonder if she makes him smile The way he used to smile at me I hope she doesn't make him laugh Because his laugh belongs to me How could an angel break my heart? Why didn't he catch my falling star? I wish I didn't wish so hard Maybe I wish our love apart How could an angel break my heart Oh my soul is dying, it's crying I'm trying to understand Please help me How could an angel break my heart? Why didn't he catch my falling star? I wish I didn't wish so hard Maybe I wished our love apart How could an angel break my heart Mooie zinnen als "because his laugh belongs to me" en: "I wish I didn't wish so hard" Had ik het zelf maar bedacht.
15 juli 2008 - 12:27

17 jaar 10 maanden

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Als je bij me weggaat - Acda en De Munnik. En dan vooral om de zin: "Als je bij me weggaat, mag ik dan met je mee" Ik ken je nu een dag of twee Wil je nu al nooit meer missen Besef ineens dat het nu beginnen gaat En ik vraag me stiekem af Wat ik zou doen als jij zou sterven Of een ander vindt of mij gewoon verlaat En op slag ben ik jaloers En denk aan vreselijke dingen Die nu komen gaan omdat ik zo van je hou Waarom kan ik niet gewoon hier zijn Zonder te verdwalen Waarom kan ik niet gewoon hier zijn bij jou En dan kan ik het niet laten Met geen leger te bedwingen Stap ik zachtjes uit het bed en pak een bier En terwijl ik naar je kijk Hoe jij in ons bed ligt te slapen Schrijf ik huilend die twee regels op papier Als je bij me weggaat Mag ik dan met je mee?
15 juli 2008 - 12:37

17 jaar 5 maanden

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Gummy Bear - I'm A Gummy Bear! :D Oh I'm a gummy bear Yes I'm a gummy bear Oh I'm a yummy, tummy, funny, lucky gummy bear I'm a jelly bear Yes, I'm a gummy bear Oh I'm a moving, grooving, jamming, singing gummy bear. Oh Yeah Oh yeah! Ba ba be do be do be yum yum Ba ba be do be do be yum yum Ba ba be do be do be yum yum Three times you can bite me Gummy, gummy, gummy, gummy, gummy bear
17 juli 2008 - 19:41

16 jaar

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
Deze is ook heel vrolijk K's choice - Old woman I saw an old woman in a wheelchair On the highway yesterday I saw an old woman in a wheelchair On the highway yesterday And as I asked her to pull over To make sure no truck would hit her She smiled and mumbled, 'okay, whatever you say.' And I said, 'I wonder why.' She said, 'Girl, you're so naive And you're too young to understand I am now chasing my husband Stan A pale man in a black suit came to take him In trade for a cup of tea A pale man came to take him away from me' And I said, 'I see,' (and I really did) 'You go and chase him, go ahead And when you catch him will you send him my love And tell the pale man to make sure To call before he comes to take me too. To take me too.' (I saw an old woman...)
17 juli 2008 - 20:01

16 jaar

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
@Waus... :lol: :lol: :lol: Hahaha, dat is lang geleden! zit gelijk weer met de tune van de nederlandse gummieberen in mijn hoofd! En dat alleen omdat ik Gummi Bear zag staan... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-4AfJ9yyn4 :music: Gummiebeeeeer, springend red ik mij weer, keer op keer... :music: :music: Daarom heet ik ook een gummiebeeeer, ik ben een gummiebeeeeer :music: @FS: tjee, lang geleden dan ik Old woman van K's Choice heb gehoord. Ik vind dat zo'n leuk nummer! Ik had die heel vaak opstaan in de auto, totdat de linker speaker stuk ging. Dan valt er toch behoorlijk wat weg, vooral van het begin :D
17 juli 2008 - 22:17

16 jaar

Rol

• Gewone gebruiker
@Siobhan, die versie van de gummieberen ken ik ook. Heerlijk om te zingen dat liedje. Draaide je dat liedje van K' choice toevallig op de snelweg? :unibrow: @Waus, je schrijft "als je ervan houdt best mooi" : toch niet helemaal jou smaak het nummer "Old woman"?
18 juli 2008 - 15:19